This 635 m long street is main pedestrianised walkway in Sopot, running from the former village of the 17th century down to the original fishing settlement on the shore. The present name of the street comes from the battle of Monte Cassino.
The street is bordered by 3 storey building from the end of the 19th century and is lined with shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants with one theatre and two cinemas. It leads directly onto the wooden pier.
Between 1824-1945 the street was called 'Morska' or Seestrasse, and between 1945-1956 it was called 'Konstanty Rokossowski'.
The present name of the street comes from the battle of Monte Cassino in central Italy which took place 11-18 May 1944 with the participation of 2 Polish units under the leadership of Władysław Anders.